According to architect, Nadine Isaacs, our Historic Churches exhibit a curious combination of Jamaica Georgian and Classic Gothic elements to produce a hybrid style most easily identified as Jamaican.
Our early Seventeenth Century Churches were Anglican. The Anglican Church, which was the planters' Church in the English islands, largely ignored the slaves.
- Savanna-la-mar Baptist Church - The Baptist Church in Savanna-la-mar was erected in 1835.
- St. Andrew Scots Kirk Church - The St. Andrew's Scots Kirk is the principal Presbyterian Church in the island.
- Annotto Bay Baptist - Built in 1824, it was the first Baptist Church to be constructed in St. Mary.
- Church of the Good Shepherd - The Church of the Good Shepherd has its origins in a mission school
- Coke Methodist Church - Coke Methodist Church was named after Dr. Thomas Coke, founder of the Methodist
- East Queen Street Baptist Church - The East Queen Street Baptist Church is one of several historic churches
- Falmouth Parish Church - Built in 1795, the Falmouth Parish Church (also known as St. Peter's Anglican)
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church - The Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Retreat, St. Mary, is a very beautiful historic
- Holy Trinity Cathedral - The Holy Trinity Cathedral on North Street in Kingston, replaced the Holy Trinity Church
- Jericho Baptist Church - Jericho Baptist Church, erected in 1835, is of cut stone and brick construction.
- Kettering Baptist Church - Kettering Baptist Church is located in Duncans, Trelawny and is associated with
- Kingston Parish Church - Kingston
- Mount Nebo Baptist Church - The Mount Nebo Baptist Church has the distinction of being the chapel with the
- New Broughton United Church - Originally Presbyterian, the New Broughton United Church, is an impressive
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help - When the Spanish settlement of Sevilla la Nueva was moved from the coast to
- Phillippo Baptist Church - This church, erected in 1827, is named after the eminent Baptist Missionary James
- Portland Parish Church - The Portland Parish Church (Christ Church) is built on land indentured on 3.10.1836
- Salter's Hill Baptist Church - Voluntarily constructed by enslaved Africans in 1825, the Slater's Hill Baptist
- Spanish Town Cathedral - The Spanish Town Cathedral, also known as the St. Catherine Parish Church, was
- St. Ann Parish Church - The St. Ann Parish Church was completed in September 1871, and was consecrated
- St. Dorothy's Anglican Church - St. Dorothy's Anglican Church located about two miles from Old Harbour, was
- St. Elizabeth Parish Church - The original building of the St. Elizabeth Parish Church, St. John the Evangelist
- St. George's Anglican - The St. George Anglican Church is so named because it was once the Parish Church
- St. Mark's Anglican Church (Mandeville Parish Church) - The St. Mark's Anglican Church, the Parish Church of
- St. Mary's Anglican Church - St. Mary's Anglican Church is situated on the Montpelier Estate, which dates back
- St. Peter's Church - The original Church was destroyed by the great earthquake of 1692 in Port Royal.
- St. Peter's Church (Alley) - St. Peter's Church (Alley) is one of the oldest Churches in the island. It was founded
- St. Thomas Parish Church - The St. Thomas Parish Church in Morant Bay is of brick construction. It was built
- Wesley Methodist - The Wesley Methodist Church, erected in 1825, can be described as a Jamaican
- Burchell Memorial Church - The Church was established in 1824 with 12 members under the care of the