About Jamaica National Heritage Trust
To inspire a sense of national pride through the promotion, preservation, and development of our material cultural heritage, utilizing a highly motivated and qualified team in conjunction with all our partners.
To be the primary organization that actively promotes and sustains Jamaica's rich heritage.
- To foster a sense of national pride and identity through heritage education.
- To identify, research, record, interpret, regulate, protect and preserve the material cultural heritage resources of the Jamaican people.
- To promote the sustainable utilization and management of our material cultural heritage resources.
The primary functions of the Jamaica National Heritage Trust are :
- To promote the preservation of national monuments and anything designated as protected national heritage for the benefit of the Island;
- To conduct such research as it thinks necessary or desirable for the purposes of the performance of its functions under the Jamaica National Heritage Act;
- To carry out such development as it considers necessary for the preservation of any national monuments or anything designated as protected national heritage;
- To record any precious objects or works of art to be preserved and to identify and record any species of botanical or animal life to be protected.