Portland Heritage Sites
Welcome to the JNHT Portland Heritage Sites.
- Portland Parish Church - (Christ Church) is built on land indentured on 3rd September, 1836
- St. George's Anglican - once the Parish Church of the former parish of St. George.
- Port Antonio Court House - was erected in 1895 on the direction of the Colonial Secretary.
- Fort George - situated on the Titchfield Peninsula in the town of Port Antonio
- Seaman's Valley - property has on it the ruins of the great house, and the 1st European cemetery in this area
- Titchfield Peninsula - the 1st place to be settled by the English, known as the oldest settlement of the town.
- Folly Point Lighthouse - built in 1888, the Tower is constructed of masonry and is fire proof.
- DeMontevin lodge - an eclectic mix of the Victorian architectural style
- Orange Bay Railway Station - demonstrates Jamaica/Georgian features.
- Moore Town - today governed by a Colonel, a Maroon given the honorary title earned by his ancestors
- Nanny Town - named after Nanny, the great Maroon leader who brought the Maroons many of their victories during the first Maroon war.
- Blue and John Crow Mountains - Blue and John Crow Mountains is the first Jamaican Site to be inscribed on the prestigious UNESCO World Heritage List. It is a mixes site consisting of cultural and natural attributes of outstanding historical, socio-cultural, aesthetic, scientific, and educational value.
- Charles Town - Charles Town is located inland near the town of Buff Bay in the parish of Portland. The settlement emerged around 1754