Westmoreland Heritage Sites
Welcome to the JNHT Westmoreland Heritage Sites.
- Ackendown Castle Ruin - According to a plaque on the inner wall, the castle was built by Archibald Campbell (1781-1833) of the family of Auchenbreck in Argyll in Scotland.
- Savanna-la-mar Baptist - erected in 1835, but was destroyed by fire on the 23rd No 1839 and rebuilt in 1840.
- Savanna-la-mar Court House - built in 1925, located on Great George Street
- Savanna-la-mar Fort - constructed in the middle of the 18th Century at a cost of £16,000
- Salem - born out of the need to relocate the Moravian congregation at New Hope in Westmoreland.
- Manning's High School - In 1711, Thomas Manning, bequeathed a gift of land for the setting up of a free school in the parish of Westmoreland.
- Negril Point Lighthouse - stands 66 feet above ground level and the light is elevated 100 feet above sea level.
- Cast Iron Fountain - resented to the town of Savanna-La-Mar in 1887 by E. J. Sadler
- Seaford Town - After the Abolition of Slavery (Aug. 1, 1834), a European settlement was established by Lord Seaford
- Chebuctoo Great House - Chebuctoo is situated near the small village of Cave on a pimento plantation.