St. Thomas Heritage Sites
Welcome to the JNHT St. Thomas Heritage Sites.
- St. Thomas Parish Church - The east wall of the Church has a brick with the date 1865 baked into it.
- Morant Bay Court House - was the scene of the Morant Bay Rebellion of 1865.
- Fort Lindsay - was extensively repaired in 1790 and was placed on the island's list of forts in 1799.
- Fort William - As early as 1675, Port Morant, in the parish of St. Thomas had a platform with five guns to defend its harbour.
- Morant Bay Fort - probably built in 1758 was designed for nine guns.
- Stokes Hall Great House - In 1907 it was destroyed by earthquake and it now stands in ruin.
- Stokes Hall Great House Development Proposal
- Morant Point Lighthouse - built in 1841, it is the oldest lighthouse in the island.
- Bath Mineral Spa - discovered by a run-a-way slave in the 1690s.
- Stony Gut - birth place of Jamaica's National Hero, Paul Bogle.
- Bath Botanic Garden - established in 1779 as a result of a statute of the Jamaica House of Assembly.
- Orange Park - located in the hills of Yallahs, St. Thomas,it was once a coffee plantation.