Trelawny Heritage Sites
Welcome to the JNHT Trelawny Heritage Sites.
- Falmouth Parish Church - Built in 1795, is the oldest public building in the town.
- Kettering Baptist - associated with William Knibb, who founded the Kettering Free Village. The Church was founded in 1844.
- Falmouth Court House - erected in 1815, the building is a Georgian design.
- Fort Dundas - 1778 is the suggested date the fort was built.
- Kettering - named after the birthplace of the late Reverend William Knibb in Northampton, England.
- Good Hope Great House - formed through a land grant, given to Colonel Thomas Williams.
- Granville - Originally 90 acres of land acquired by Reverend William Knibb, a Baptist minister to use as a free village was sanctioned by the Missionary Society of England.
- Time and Patience - The persons to whom lands were granted gave it this apt name, declaring time and patience work wonders.
- Green Park Great House - originally called Green Pond by its first owner George Sinclair of St. Ann
- Falmouth - capital of the parish of Trelawny, which is on the north side of western Jamaica
- Stewart Castle - location of the ruins of an impressive cut stone mansion
- Stewart Castle Development Proposal
- Falmouth Wharves - stand as a reminder of the town’s former glory.
- Rio Bueno - a small town, the subject of James Bartholomew Kidd's lithographic print of Rio Bueno, in 1835.