Greathouses (Plantation houses)
The Great House was the seat of authority on an estate. It was the home of planters, or attorneys who acted for the absentee owner. The size and profitability of the property and the wealth of the owner determined the size of the house. These houses were usually two storey buildings with a base of brick, cut stone and mortar. The top floor was usually made of wood. Variations of this archetype included one-storey buildings constructed of wood, cut stone or Spanish walling or wattle and daub; or two-storey building made of brick, wood or cut stone.
- Admiral Mountain Greathouse - Admiral Mountain in 1780 was the property and residence of Admiral Peter
- Bellevue Great House - Bellevue Great House is situated in the parish of St. Ann. Archaeological evidence
- Bloomfield Great House - Bloomfield Great House is situated on a property formerly known as the Bloomfield
- Brimmer Hall Great House - The Great House lies on four to five thousand acres of land which was once
- Bromley Great House - Bromley Great House is located in the Walkers Wood district of St. Ann. The Great
- Cardiff Hall Great House - The The Cardiff Hall Great House is located off the main road to Runaway Bay
- Cherry Garden Great House - Cherry Garden property, originally a sugar estate. Colonel Ezekiel Gomersall
- Good Hope Great House - Good Hope Estate was formed through a land grant, given to Colonel Thomas
- Green Park Great House - Green Park Great House was originally called Green Pond by its first owner George
- Greenwood Great House - The Barretts of Wimpole Street fame came to Jamaica in the 1660s and amassed
- Halse Hall Great House - When the English captured Jamaica in 1655, it was the custom to give officers
- Hayfield House - Hayfield House is an excellent example of a modest Georgian residence that has been
- Highgate House - Highgate House is considered to be the oldest structure in the district of Sligoville.
- Liberty Hill Great House - Liberty Hill Plantation was first listed in the Crop Accounts in 1786 as a pimento
- Marlborough Great House - Marlborough House is said to have been built in 1795 and designed by a Scottish
- Mona Great House - Mona Great House is of Jamaican Georgian architecture with thirteen rooms.
- Marshall's Pen Great House - The design of Marshall's Pen Great House features Spanish walls and louvre
- Mount Plenty Great House - Mount Plenty property was purchased in 1980 by the Hon. Maurice William Facey.
- Prospect Great House - On the Prospect Estate is an early Eighteen Century Great House.
- Quebec Great House - The Quebec Great House (Planter's House) structure boasts basic Georgian features
- Ramble Great House - The Ramble Great House is a two storey building . On the upper floor was the living
- Roaring River Great House - The primary node of the Roaring River property is the Great House Complex
- Rose Hall Great House - Overlooking the beautiful Caribbean sea, on the hills of the former Rose Hall Sugar
- Seaman's Valley Great House - Located in the parish of Portland, this property has on it the ruins of the
- Seville Great House - Seville Great house is symbolic of the English period. After the capture of the island in
- Stokes Hall Great House - Stokes Hall Great House, located in the parish of St. Thomas, was built by Luke
- Thetford Great House - Colonel Thomas Fuller received the Thetford property as a reward for his role in the
- Tryall Great House - The Tryall Estate is on the main road between Hopewell and Sandy Bay, Hanover
- York Caslte Great House - The York Castle property is approximately 6 to 8 kilometers from Alderton, St. Ann