Savanna-la-mar Court House
The Savanna-la-mar Court House was built in 1925.
It is located on Great George Street, one of the major streets in the town. It is in Norman Square. The governor had donated the land called Norman Square.
The square which has several other public buildings is protected by Jamaican Law. This Act is known as the Norman Square Act of 1891. This piece of legislation ensured that:
the expressions of Norman Square shall be deemed to include all piece or parcel of land in the town of Savanna-la-mar around the Court House
It is this piece of legislation which makes the parish's Court House so significant. It is one of the two public squares in the island to be so protected by legislation. The other is that of Mandeville in Manchester.