St. Ann Heritage Sites
Welcome to the JNHT St. Ann Heritage Sites.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help - Only the Church walls were built as in 1534 the Spanish centre of Government was moved to Spanish Town.
- St. Ann Parish Church - was completed in Sept 1871, and was consecrated by His Lordship the Bishop of Kingston, Rt. Reverend Reginald Courtney
- Ocho Rios Fort - rebuilt by Reynolds Jamaica and contains two of the original guns from Ocho Rios
- St. Ann's Bay Fort - erected about 1750.
- Buxton - This free village was established by Rev. John Clark
- Clarksonville - named by Rev. John Clark in 1835
- Sturge Town - named after Joseph Sturge, established in 1839
- Bellevue Great House - there are two separate Taino sites on the property.
- Belmont Great House - owned by John Davis during the last century.
- Bromley Great house - made of wood with cut stone foundation, dates from the Eighteenth Century.
- Cardiff Hall Great House - The Blagrove family owned Cardiff Hall from 1655 to 1950
- Liberty Hill Great House - Liberty Hill Plantation was first listed in the Crop Accounts in 1786 as a pimento plantation.
- Mount Plenty Great House - a three storey building. The lower level forms a basement made from cut stone
- Ramble Great House - part of the Ramble Estate, previously known as Finger Post.
- Roaring River Great House - good example of the architectural re-adaptation of classical Georgian into a tropical setting.
- Seville Great House - is symbolic of the English period.
- York Castle Great House - The York Castle High School which now stands on the site was established there in 1874.
- Edinburgh Castle - as the remains indicate, comprised a small rectangular building with two circular loopholed towers at diagonally opposite corners.
- Edinburgh Castle Development Proposal
- 32 Market Street - the birthplace of Marcus Mosiah Garvey, Jamaica's first National Hero.
- Seville Heritage Park - an ideal spot for picnics, relaxation, and for the adventurous.
- Cave Valley Chimney - probably built in or about 1872 as the plaque on the chimney bears that date.
- Drax Hall Waterwheel - Drax Hall Estate was founded in 1669 by William Drax.
- Minard and Hope Estates - By 1882 this estate and the New Hope Estate comprised 1,794 acres of which 506 acres were in Guinea Grass
- Moneague Inn - In 1860 it was described as “the best hotel in the island”